Pocket Letter Tips & Ideas


Sometimes the creative process can be a little daunting. Decorating and filling 9 pockets for your Pocket Letter Pal is a little intimidating. "What will I use to fill up all those pockets?" "How do I make this look better?" "What can I do to spend less time decorating because I have 50 more replies to go?" Okay. Maybe you don't ask that last question, but I ask the other questions constantly. Today I'm sharing some tips and ideas on how to make Pocket Letters a little bit fancier, and how to make them more efficiently (which should help people like me who have a million replies to send... I'm kidding! It's more like 30.)

TIP
Save time on decorating the "Letter" portion by writing your note on patterned paper. I use graph paper because I absolutely LOVE it. (Click here for my guide on the different parts or components of a Pocket Letter.) When it's time to fold up your letter and tuck it in the pocket, you'll be pretty much done. You can just add a label or some stickers on the outside.



IDEA
And speaking of the outside... Yes, it's perfectly fine to decorate the outside of the pockets too. I use anything that'll stick. Stickers, embellishments, or washi do the trick! Also, it adds that extra "fancy factor" without taking up too much time.

TIP
Filling up the "goodies" portion of a Pocket Letter is probably my favorite because all I have to do is throw in some stickers, diecuts, or paperclips, and I'm done. To make it not look so plain, I add some cute patterned paper behind it.  (I LOVE polka dots. Can you tell?)

IDEA
Sometimes I wrap the "goodies" in patterned tissue paper and string. It's a quick way to not only make your pocket more decorative, your Pocket Letter Pal will appreciate having a "little something" to unwrap!


 That's it for today, friends. I'll have more tips and ideas soon. Just be patient with me:) I've been swamped with the Pocket Letter Pals™ network launch. Hope you've signed up and are already swapping Pocket Letters with other people there. (Click here for more information on the official Pocket Letter Pals network.)

Here's some links you should check out if you're new to Pocket Letters™ or Pocket Letter Pals™.

Janette Lane's Pocket Letter Guide
Pocket Letter Basic Tutorial
Pocket Letter Ideas
Pocket Letter FAQs.

Pocket Letter™ Shop



4 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips...the more the merrier! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea! I'm in the process of making my second set of letters for 3 friends. I just made my first 2 for my grandsons....I had to adapt quite a bit, but I think the idea is so creative. We live out of state from my grandsons, so I've been sending them things in the mail regularly, but love this idea of another source to continue to keep them in contact with us. Any ideas for a childrens' pocket letter would be wonderful!????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea! I'm in the process of making my second set of letters for 3 friends. I just made my first 2 for my grandsons....I had to adapt quite a bit, but I think the idea is so creative. We live out of state from my grandsons, so I've been sending them things in the mail regularly, but love this idea of another source to continue to keep them in contact with us. Any ideas for a childrens' pocket letter would be wonderful!????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all I just started doing them this year love doing them

    ReplyDelete

I generally reply by email, unless you are a No-Comment-Reply Blogger.
Thank you for making my day!
Love,
Janette